Avon student given moldy sandwich after he forgets lunch money
AVON, Ind. (WISH) – A mother is disgusted after her son sent her pictures of a moldy sandwich given to him when he forgot his lunch money.
In a Facebook post, Amy Wittaker Anders said her son forgot his lunch money and was given a moldy peanut butter sandwich for lunch.
There was mold on the outside and inside of the bread.
The school replaced her son’s sandwich, but he was afraid to eat it.
Her son also said it happened to his friend two weeks ago, and she attached the pictures to the post.
Avon Community School Corporation released this statement in response to the incident:
We are grateful to be made aware of the situation and have reached out to the parents and apologized. This is an unacceptable human error and we are looking into it to ensure that this never happens again.”
Anders ended her Facebook post saying, “I have no idea how someone could not see this was bad when handing it out!”