Traditionally on Super-Sunday, very few fans care about healthy eating while drinking and partying. I’ve walked into parties with healthy food fare and was booed for being downright un-American. But when I arrived with a bowl of freshly made guacamole, every one treated me like a rock star and dug in greedily. Freshly made is always the best!
Super Bowl Sunday is renowned for vats-O boring jarred salsa, greasy pizza, wings and ribs, chili, and corn chips. Urp! Pass the Pepto please.
For those guests who may be avoiding unhealthy celebratory foods, proudly prepare some ‘homemade’ guacamole. Please don’t buy the store bought versions loaded with additives and preservatives. You and your guests deserve the freshest, cleanest and finest.Munch these tasty facts:
• Super Bowl Sunday Americans are expected to consume 79 million pounds of avocados. Keeping score? That’s roughly 158 million avocados. (Huffington Post)
• Americans will consume more than 1.23 billion Chicken Wings this weekend. (The National Chicken Council’s 2013 Wing Report).
• They’ll also eat roughly 15 million pizzas. (Pizza Today).
Guacamole is in fact a healthy addition to your game day buffet:
• “0” cholesterol
• Healthy Fatty Acids
• Vitamins & minerals (C & E)
• Cancer and heart disease protection
• Stroke prevention
• Promotes eye health
• Folic Acid prevents Neural tube defects.
Yes, this is a simple recipe, but there are those out there who would love to learn how to make it from scratch!
3 avocados halved and pit removed
1 lime, juiced (fresh)-Vitamin C
½ tsp. Himalayan salt-Trace minerals
½ tsp. ground cumin-Antioxidant
½ tsp. cayenne-Circulation
½ medium onion-Anti cancer
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced-Circulation
2 Roma tomatoes, diced-Vitamin C
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro-Flushes heavy metals
1 garlic clove, minced-anti cancer
• In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice.
• Drain and reserve the lime juice after the entire avocado has been coated.
• Grab a potato masher and add the salt, cumin, cayenne and mash.
• Now, fold in the onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
• Add 1 Tbsp. of reserved lime juice.
• Let set for 1 hour and serve at room temperature.