Fire destroys home a week after owners move in; 2 dogs killed
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A fire destroyed a home just a week after the owners had moved in.
It happened on East 53rd Street just before 10 a.m. Sunday.
Indianapolis Fire Department says it caused about $100,000 in damage.
The homeowners, a man and woman both 29 years old, escaped the blaze but were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
A poodle and a Shih Tzu died in the fire.
A firefighter was also treated at the hospital for getting overheated.