Make your home page

IFD: Cigarette starts 2-alarm condo fire

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indianapolis Fire Department confirmed that a fire that consumed two condos was started by a stray cigarette.

A man was smoking and tossed the cigarette into a container, where the fire started.

The fire quickly spread to the condos in the 7000 block of Harbour Isle, near the container where the cigarette had been tossed.

IFD were called to the scene around 11 a.m. After surveying the fire, a second unit was called in to help combat the flames.

No one was injured in the fire.