1si announces ONE award finalists
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) — One Southern Indiana has announced the finalists for the 2020 ONE Awards. 1si, which is the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties, says the winners in seven categories will be announced at an April 9 ceremony in Borden.
The organization says finalists in the first five categories were chosen by an independent judge panel based on business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities and product or service innovation. The Economic Development Impact Award winner was selected based on information submitted at the launch of a project with regard to the impact of the project on the community at large, according to 1si.
“We were happy to see all of our finalists are of the highest caliber. Our judges rate the finalists and that counts for 90% of the final score. But the exciting part is when our members have their voices heard through online voting, counting for 10% of the total score – which has actually changed the outcome of past award competitions,” said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. “The ONE Awards is one of our most popular events and we want our membership to have a stake in the winners.”
The finalists include:
- The Centra Credit Union WorkHub Innovation in Culture ONE Award – recognizes company culture and encompassing programs working in employee retention, diversity, workplace health and/or green initiatives.
- Harding, Shymanski, & Company, P.S.C.
- Kentuckiana Wood Products, Inc.
- The Indiana Members Credit Union Rising Star ONE Award is given to a company located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area and experienced tremendous growth and success within its first five years.
- ActionCOACH Bluegrass
- Naked by Sunday
- Taylor’s Cajun Meat Company
- The MCM CPAs & Advisors Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or fewer employees is given to a company located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area that demonstrates outstanding business growth and community involvement.
- Extol Magazine
- LL&A Interior Design
- The Nu-Yale Nonprofit PROGRAM of the Year ONE Award highlights innovative and successful programs, initiatives or activities implemented by 1si member non-profit organizations.
- Carnegie Center for Art & History: Youth Education Program
- Hosparus Health Southern Indiana & Grief Counseling Center: Heart Connection Program
- LifeSpan Resources, Inc.: Social Transportation program
- The German American Bank Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees given to a larger company, located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area, that demonstrates outstanding business growth and community involvement.
- Libs Paving Co., Inc.
- SIHO Insurance Services
- The New Washington State Bank
1si will also be awarding the Rodefer Moss & Co, PLLC Economic Development Impact Project of the Year ONE Award, which is given to the expansion or attraction project having the greatest impact on our community in the past year and the Economic Development Partner of the Year to the business which has had the most positive effect on Economic Development in Clark and Floyd Counties over the past year. Online voting takes place the week of March 9, through the 1si Facebook page and website.