Make your home page

Woman catches hair and condo on fire

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A woman is in serious condition after she caught her hair on fire after lighting a cigarette.

According to the Indianapolis Fire Department, the cigarette lit her hair on fire. While she was trying to extinguish it, the fire spread to combustibles which lit the entire apartment on fire.

When firefighters arrived to the 3000 block of Lupine Drive around 8:30 p.m., they saw heavy fire showing from the roof of her condo.

The damage to her condo is estimated at $80,000.

She evacuated with her dog before firefighters arrived on scene.